Need tips for your heating or air conditioning in Maryland & Virginia? Look no further!
This Thompson BEST Heating & Air Conditioning web site is your one-stop source for information concerning Air Conditioning and Heating for your home or office in Maryland. Here you will find the latest company news, air conditioning industry updates and insider tips to help you make informed decisions about your home comfort system. Throughout the site, you can learn all about the newest heating and air conditioning technologies, selecting the right replacement system, saving energy and more! We invite you to look around and find out why you should turn to the experts at Thompson BEST for all your cooling and heating needs.
Look for our trucks in your neighborhood and you’ll see the BEST service in the area!
ENERGY SAVING TIPS FROM THE BEST
- Have your system serviced every year. Our experience has been that systems that our serviced every year are less likely to fail in the heat or cold of the seasons.
- Change your filter regularly. This is the life of your system. If you have indoor pets, change them every month.
- Do not use a weed eater around your outdoor unit as our experience finds that a number of times, people cut the control wiring.
- Keep your male dogs away from the outdoor units as they tend to use them for a fire hydrant. This destroys the fins.
- Keep the snow and vines away from your outdoor units to keep them operating efficiently.
- Any landscaping should be at least 18” away from your outdoor unit.
- Make sure your outdoor unit is level.