The Thompson BEST Mission Statement:
Our mission is to be the premier HVAC contractor in the area, with the most trusted name in the community. We will do this by using quality products, providing the BEST service, and delivering extraordinary value to you and your family every time.
Our Thompson BEST Core Values
TRUST IS THE FOUNDATION OF OUR VALUES AND IT MEANS DEMONSTRATING THE FOLLOWING:
- INTEGRITY – We will strive to maintain the highest ethical standard in the industry and always treat our customers fairly.
- DEPENDABILITY – We will always do what we say we are going to do and we will strive to not only meet your expectations, but exceed them.
- HONESTY – We will always tell you the truth.
- CONCERN – We will be understanding, caring, responsive to your needs, and respect your well-being.
- OPENNESS – We will always be open with our communications, listen to you, and provide you access to any information available to us.
The Thompson BEST Operating Philosophies
Quality is our primary goal in every aspect of our dealings with our customers.
We will exceed your expectations on every contact we have with you.
To our customers, we will operate our business to become world class in service – meaning we will train our employees, hold them accountable for learning and empower them to exceed our standards for excellence.
A few BEST differences that puts us ahead of the rest!
- Employees Drug Tested Randomly
- Phones Answer By a Live Person
- Office Open Daily (No Answering Machines!)
- Trane And Luxaire Factory Authorized Dealer
- Factory Trained Service People
- Licensed By Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania
- Licensed Propane & Natural Gas Fitters
- We Re-Cycle All Cardboard & Metal
- Insured – Workman’s Comp. & Liability Coverage
Meet the BEST team around!
Charlie Smith, President
Charlie began his HVAC career in 1971 as an installation helper in the sheet metal trade. He worked summers while attending college. Upon graduation, he became the General Manager of J.R. Marker Sheet Metal Company. In 1975, he started his own company and has continued in the HVAC business until 2005 when he retired.
In 2013, Travis and Chuck talked him out of retirement and we started Thompson BEST Heating & Air Conditioning Company.
Charlie graduated from the York Institute of Refrigeration and has taken numerous courses on HVAC design. He is currently a member of the Maryland HVAC board and was formerly the Chairman of the Board.
His hobbies include vegetable gardening, reading, and hunting.
Travis Richey, Vice President
Travis Richey started as a helper in 1986 working in the sheet metal shop learning to fabricate duct work. He moved into the field in in 1988 installing duct in existing homes. He came to work with Charlie in 1997 as a lead mechanic and eventually became installation manager. When Charlie’s previous company was sold, Travis continued on as the manager of installations managing 8 crews.
He is now the Vice-President of Thompson BEST Heating & Air Conditioning managing the installations. Travis is Nate certified and has his gas fitters license.
Travis is married to Patti, and has 3 children, Nicky, Christine, and Daniel. He also has 2 granddaughters and a grandson on the way. Travis’ hobbies include hunting and fishing. He travels the United States hunting many different animals including a bear he killed with a bow.
Michelle Kidwell, Office Manager
Michelle was born and raised in Frederick, Maryland, and has spent the last 20 years providing outstanding customer service. At Thompson BEST Heating & Air Conditioning, Michelle is usually the first point of contact for customers who are calling for service.
Michelle is married to Dan and they have a large family, and she enjoys being with her family and pets.